LEARNING & DEVELOPMENT NEEDS ANALYSIS
Why conduct Learning & Development Needs Analysis?
- the current performance of an organisation and the individuals in it, and
- the desired performance of an organisation and the individuals in it
As a result, we need to assess:
- who needs training or learning?
- what training or learning they need
- how to design effective learning and training for those people
- the impact of the training we are planning
- the cost and resource budgets, to assess value for money
- In-depth Research & Analysis
- On-going Relationship
- Strategic Objectives
What is the organisational context and the ‘why’ behind any capabilities and learning?
- Operational Outcomes
What do we need to be able to achieve, to meet our strategic objectives?
- Employee Behaviours
What do people need to do, to generate the outcomes we want?
- Learnable Capabilities
What are the capabilities that people need, so they will be able to do what we need them to do?
- Gap Assessment
What are the current levels of capability, and what do we need to train, to get them to the desired level?
- Prioritise Learning and Training Needs
Based on the gap assessment, what do we need people to learn?
- Learning Approaches
How will we transmit the knowledge, and secure the learning, to ensure people gain the right levels of capability?
- Roll-out Plan
How would we deliver the learning we have identified?
- Evaluation Criteria
How will we evaluate the work we do to train and educate our people?
- Cost Benefit Analysis
How much will our learning programme cost, and how does that compare with its projected benefits?